If you have the QlikView Personal Edition (PE), you can only open QlikView documents created locally on your own computer. So, if you are downloading and installing QlikView for the first time, or you don’t have a full QlikView license and are using the QlikView PE, you are going to get the following error when opening up the QlikView files (QVW) included with Learning QlikView Data Visualization.
Click Abort, and perform the following steps before starting the exercises included in the book.
- Launch QlikView.
- In the File menu, click New…
- If the new file wizard appears, click Cancel.
- In the new QlikView document, return to the File menu and click Save.
- Browse to where the exercise files are located and in the folder Exercises\Original\, save the new file as Sales_Project_Analysis_Sandbox.qvw and replace the existing file.
- Once saved, go to the File menu and click Edit Script…
- In the Edit Script window, delete all the existing script and insert the following text.
- In the File menu, click Reload.
- In the Sheet Properties window that appears after the data is reloaded, click OK.
- Finally, return to the File menu and click Save.
- Repeat the steps 2-10 to create a second QlikView file called Sales_Project_Dashboard.qvw in the same folder.
You are now ready to begin the exercises in the book.
See you around,